Monday, August 6, 2012

Balsamic Roasted Broccoli

A friend and I have a veggie swap going on.  She gives me things I'm not growing in my garden and I give her stuff that she doesn't have.  It works out quite nicely.

Along with some other veggies, this week she gave me two big heads of broccoli.  One of my favorite ways to cook broccoli is to roast it.  I decided to try something a little different this time and this is the simple and delicious recipe that I came up with . . . 







Balsamic Roasted Broccoli 

2 Pounds Broccoli Crowns
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Sugar
Ground Black Pepper 

Preheat oven to 450F. Cover the bottom of a large baking dish with aluminum foil  . . . to aid in clean up. Place dish on the lowest rack of the oven while oven heats up.

Cut broccoli into pieces. Place broccoli in bowl and add olive oil, salt, sugar, balsamic vinegar and pepper to taste.  Toss to combine. When oven is heated, place broccoli in pan and roast for 11 minutes (until slightly browned).

Serve and enjoy!  It’s excellent cold or reheated, as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment