Friday, July 6, 2012

How my garden grows . . . the hard work is paying off!

Thanks to lots of good sunshine and rain and pulling weeds by the fistful and wagon load the garden is doing extremely well.


Last weekend I canned 7 pints of cucumber pickles and 4 pints of zucchini pickles.  I've baked fresh zucchini bread every weekend for the past 4 weeks.  And made all manner of things with zucchini in them.


Yesterday I gave away a pile of zucchini and and still have 3 huge ones for myself and more on the way.  


This weekend I will  be making more zucchini bread and canning both zucchini and cucumber pickles.


I have baby peppers and green 'maters, baby peas and soon to have beans.  We will soon have fresh salad from our lettuce . . . maybe in a day or so.


All the hard work is paying off!

No comments:

Post a Comment