Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ain't that a humdinger!


I like hummingbirds as much as the next person . . . they are cool little critters.  They flitter around with wings that move at the speed of light and have tongues that could give one heck of a zerbert.

So, when I was perusing one of my favorite websites I came across this pic and I thought to myself, “WTF, indeed”.  Can this be for real?  Oddly enough, yes.  Yes it is.

There really is such a thing as wearable hummingbird feeder.  For just $79.95 you too can have yourself one of these fantasmic gadgets . . . for those times when you really have to be up close and personal to rapidly moving bird.

You can't tell me that thing doesn't look like something out of a horror flick!

I'll stick to bird watching the old fashioned way.  Just saying . . . 





Cucumber Salad with Sour Cream and Cilantro Dressing


Light and refreshing . . . delish!



1/2 Cup Sour Cream
2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice (From 1 Lemon)
2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Cilantro
Coarse Salt and Ground Pepper
4 to 6 Small Cucumbers
1 or 2 Small Tomatoes, Chopped



Thinly slice cucumbers and place in a medium bowl.  Add sour cream, lemon juice, tomato and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. 


Serve immediately or keep refrigerated.  


Print Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment