Monday, July 16, 2012

I had a dream that I was awake and I woke up to find myself asleep.

The other night I woke up around 1 AM from a dead sleep ... I had to use the potty.   So I got up and and did what I had to do.

I went right back to bed and I lay there ... and I lay there ... and I lay there.  I tossed a little, turned a little but I couldn't fall back to sleep.  

It felt like I lay awake all night ... except when the the alarm went off at 5 AM it was clear that I had actually been asleep ... dreaming that I was awake.  

It wasn't like I was lucid dreaming . . . a dream in which the dreamer has been aware of dreaming because I didn't think I was dreaming, I thought I was awake. 

And it's not like I had a false awaking where you dream your doing things.  It wasn't like that . . . not really . . . because I wasn't doing anything.  I was just laying there in my like I was having insomnia desperately wishing I could fall asleep when, in fact, I was fast asleep.  

I don't know what's worse ... being awake all night or dreaming that you are.  I was just as exhausted as if I HAD been awake all night. 

I'll call it sleeping insomnia.








Zucchini-Ribbon Salad

2 Large Zucchini, Ends Removed
1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
1/2 Cup Crumbled Reduced-Fat Feta Cheese
1/3 Cup Chopped Shallots
1/3 Cup Italian Dressing

Use a veggie peeler to peel zucchini lengthwise into super-thin strips; rotate zucchini after each strip to yield a width similar to fettuccine. Place in a large bowl.

Add all remaining ingredients. Gently toss to mix. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.

Nice and light and refreshing.







I had a dream that I was awake and I woke up to find myself asleep. Stan Laurel 

No comments:

Post a Comment