Thursday, November 1, 2012

New Brew Thursday - Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate Stout



I've gained a bit of notoriety at the store where I normally shop for my beer.  They have an amazing selection of craft brews and I can usually count on them for a beer that I am specifically trying to find.

Almost every time I go in there I have a list of beers I’m looking for.  The staff is extremely helpful, fairly knowledgeable and never fail to ask if there’s anything they can help me find.

The recognition comes into play quite nicely.  I am greeted and suggestions are offered as to my particular tastes.  It’s pretty cool and I ofteb find a gem that I may not have chosen for myself.

Take, for instance, last week when I was making a beer run.  I had a couple ideas of what I wanted but nothing set in stone.  As soon as I walked in the door, I was recognized and the greeter suggested Samuel Smith’s Organic Chocolate Stout.

I’m not a huge stout lover but my husband is and my prior experience with Samuel Smith beer has been good so I grabbed a bottle.

I popped it open for “dessert” . . . and all I can say about this beer is WOW”!  This stout  is one of the most remarkable beers I've ever had.  Amazing.

It pours dark as night with a thick taupe head.  It is perfectly effervescent . . . light and smooth and creamy.  The taste . . . WOWZERS! . . . it’s like drinking lightly carbonated dark chocolate.  Really . . . that’s it . . . like alcohol laced liquid devil’s food cake.
 
O . . . M . . . G . . . YUM!

Forget the whole organic thing . . . unless that's important to you . . . this beer is nothing short of awesome.

If you like beer and you like chocolate and you’re looking for a new beer to try, move this to the top of your list.  I promise you will not be disappointed. 

For more information go to Samuel Smith's website.











No comments:

Post a Comment