Monday, June 18, 2012

These shoes were made for clownin'


I’m no shoe hoarder, aficionado or otherwise.  Most of my shoes are gotten at Walmart or Payless . . . Leona Helmsly I ain’t.

That being said . . . as uninterested as I am in the latest and greatest shoe fashions or the sluttiest heels or the most comfortable sneakers, I do have definite opinions what looks hot and what looks downright stupid.

Here is my WTF list:
 







Crocks . . . why??  They are beyond ugly and, frankly, they are cartoonish.  I hear they’re comfortable but seriously . . . ew!



Uggs . . . ugh!  They are big and puffy . . . kind of like a giant pair of marshmallows for your feet.  Okay, I get the whole warmth in the dead of winter aspect; that makes sense.  But when I see girls (mostly) wearing them with yoga pants that totally accentuate the poofiness or with tiny skirts that just looks downright silly . . . I truly don’t get it.  Ugh.

But the worst . . . the absolute worst . . . is Adidas sandals.  Not the sandals themselves but how they are  . . . uhm . . . accessorized that I think is awful.  


More and more I’m seeing all kinds of people . . . kids, old folks, gangbangers, hipsters . . . wearing Adidas sandals with socks . . . knee socks, crew socks, ankles socks, black socks, white socks . . . what ever, it’s all bad.  Nerd alert!!!  Who . . . I ask who . . . thinks this looks cool?  I’m mean really!

I may wear cheap shoes but they are low key, nondescript and comfortable.  No, no, no  . . . I don’t wear grandma sneakers with Velcro closures or orthopedic shoes . . . just plain ol’ sneakers or black boots or the like.

And, for the record, I’ve bought high end shoes.  The first pair of sexy designer pumps I bought my dog ate and I own a pair of Lowa hiking boots (which are the most comfortable boots ever).
Just sayin’ that look in the mirror . . . especially your feet . . . before you walk out the door.  If you look like a clown or a cartoon or a nerd you may want to rethink your footwear choice. 







Olive Pasta Salad


This simple salad tastes better if allowed to for several hours, in the fridge of course.  It’s even better if you make it the night before you’re going to serve it.


1 Box Uncooked Twisty Macaroni
2 Cups Pimento-Stuffed Green Olives, Sliced
3 Ribs Celery, Chopped
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper


Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.  Run under cold water to cool down the pasta.

In a large bowl, mix the olives, mayonnaise, celery, pepper, and Creole seasoning. Toss in the macaroni.

Cover and chill at least 3 hours in the refrigerator before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment