Saturday, June 9, 2012

Words with Friends (and family)

I love playing Words with Friends . . . 


For the initiated, Words with Friends is a multi-player word game developed by Zynga . Players can take turns playing words crossword puzzle style with an opponent . . . kind of like Scrabble.


I can play on my smartphone, my Kindle Fire and on Facebook.  And play I do! And I'm not the only one.






It's fairly addictive.  So much so that actor Alec Baldwin got booted from a  commercial airplane.  Apparently, he refused to stop playing the game when asked by the flight attendant to put away his electronics during the preflight.


I've been doing crossword puzzles all my life and I love word games.  And, generally, I'm pretty good at them.  


As for Words with Friends, I win some I lose some.  Of course I like to win, but I doesn't particularly bother me to lose . . . it's all in good fun and every challenge improves my skills.  


I recently got my mom playing.  She's retired and sits home most days doing not much of anything . . . so it gives her something to do.  


I've noticed a trend when it comes to playing a Words with Friends games with her . . . if she's losing she will resign the game and start a new one.  It's frustrating . . . just play . . . it's only a game.


Let me put it to you this way . . . we've yet to complete a game.  Just sayin'.









Easy Blender Salsa

1- 14 Oz Can Diced Tomatoes
1- 10 Oz Can Original Rotel
1/2 Small Onion, Roughly Chopped
1 Clove Garlic, Peeled and Smashed
1/2-1 Jalapeno, Seeded or Not 
1 Teaspoon Honey
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
Small to Medium Size Handful of Cilantro, Washed
Juice of 1 Lime

Put all the ingredients in the base of a food processor or good blender and pulse to combine for 30 seconds or so until all the ingredients are finely chopped and salsa is desired consistency. Taste for seasoning and adjust to taste. Serve with chips or over tacos.

2 comments:

  1. And now you know why I won't play with her...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words with friends blog really hit home. Now being unemployed I have been playing words with friends with everyone and it is addicting. I do not resign games though.

    ReplyDelete