Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I slept like a baby . . yeah, right!

There is one expression I simply do not understand . . . 'I slept like a baby'.  I know what it means, I get it .. . . I've lived it . . . it makes no sense.    


I remember when we brought him home from the hospital I would be up with him all night while he cried and cried and I cried.  That was me sleeping like a baby.


Leave him in his bed and let him cry himself to sleep they said.  Okay . . . well then he'd cry and cry in his crib and I'd lie in my bed and cry.  That was me sleeping like a baby.


And then when he did sleep, he'd wake up every couple hours to be fed.  That was me sleeping like a baby.


As he grew older I told him he couldn't leave his bed unless he had to use the potty.  That if he needed something he had to call me.  Then it was mom, mommy, mom, mother? MOM!! . . . every couple hours.  That was me sleeping like a baby.


I don't think I got a decent night sleep until after he was five years old.




I'm not complaining . . . really I'm not . . . I'm just saying that whoever came up with saying couldn't possibly have been a parent because 'sleeping like a baby' is anything but.


If I had my choice between sleeping like a baby and sleeping like I log I'd much prefer making like wood and cuttin' some zzzzzzzzzz's.  Just sayin'.











Bacon and Egg Savory Cupcakes

16 Slices Bacon
1 Can (16.3 Oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Homestyle Biscuits
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
8 Eggs
Salt And Pepper, If Desired

Heat oven to 350°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat about 4 minutes or until cooked but not crisp, turning once. (It will continue to cook in the oven.) Set aside.

Spray 8 jumbo muffin cups or 8 (6-oz) glass custard cups with cooking spray. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Place 1 biscuit in each muffin cup, pressing dough three-fourths of the way up sides of cups.

Place 2 bacon slices in each biscuit cup, add a pinch of cheese and crack an egg over each. Season with salt and pepper.

Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until egg clears are set. Run a small knife around cups to loosen. Serve immediately.

Makes 8 servings


Print Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment