Monday, June 11, 2012

One man's trash is another man's treasure

Hubby and I were cruising along on our motorcycles . . . checking out the scenery, enjoying the ride . . . when suddenly the car we were following slams on his/her brakes and whips off to the side of the road without a nary a turn signal to be flicked.  Luckily, we were paying attention to more than the view and we avoided what could have been a nasty little accident.  


What was this person's major malfunction?  Someone else had a bunch of crap that they were trying to hawk spread out in their driveway to offload to the first undiscriminating buyer with a buck or two burning a hole in their pocket.   The person we were behind apparently felt an overwhelming need to see what crap they could buy and add to their own collection of crap.


Anyhoo . . . a sign out in front said it was a "yard sale".  But, they obviously weren't selling their yard . . . just a bunch of crap that they no longer wanted that was cluttering their home.  Actually, the stuff I managed to catch of glimpse of didn't all look like crap.  


We all know what a yard sale is . . . or perhaps you might know it better as a tag sale or a garage sale or an attic sale or a basement sale or a rummage sale.  


These are all the same things but called by another name . . . what it's called often has something to do with where it's being held.  I mean regionally, not specifically a yard or an attic.  Some might say that a garage sale has higher quality items than a tag sale . . . meh, I don't think so.  


Where I come from in the sticks of Pennsylvania they were called yard sales.  When I moved to Connecticut I notice that they were called tag sales.   Your more likely to find a rummage sale in Wisconsin (or other location in the Great Lakes Region). 



As far as I can tell, it's all pretty much the same.  Different crap, of course, but the same concept.  


Personally, I'm not a fan of these mini flea markets.  I have enough crap of my own and I don't need to add someone else's crap to my collection of crap.

I know, I know . . . sometimes you can come across something rare or valuable that the seller is completely clueless about and walk off with a serious bargain . . . but most often its a case of one man's trash is another man's treasure.  


Meh . . . crap is crap is crap.  








Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Chicken

12 Chicken Breasts Tenders
12 Strips Bacon
Brown Sugar

Sprinkle all the chicken with the seasoning.

Then wrap a bacon slice around each piece, roll in brown sugar and place onto a baking sheet drizzled with a couple tablespoons of olive oil or prepped with cooking spray.

Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is nice and brown and crispy.


No comments:

Post a Comment