Saturday, May 12, 2012

Let the chips fly where they may

Potato Chips . . . I like 'em, don't love 'em, could definitely live without 'em.  Will I eat 'em if you put 'em in front of me?  Hells ya!








Crunchy salty nasty goodness . . . om nom nom nom




Recently a friend posted on Facebook that he found a new flavor of potato chips that he loved (excuse the spelling errors but he was overwhelmed with the yummy goodness and he momentarily lost his grip with the English language).







So, based on his ill spelled  review of these chips, I felt compelled to give them a try.



I went to the store and Lay(d) out $4.29.  It took a couple days to dive in but when I did I found your everyday typical run of the mill potato chips with little reddish brown flecks of something or other . . . presumably a smattering of BLT flavoring.


I know that when I crunched into my first chip I wasn't expecting to it to taste like a bona fide BLT sandwich . . . that would be asking waaaay too much.

Try to imagine a chip that tastes like squishy white bread, crisp lettuce, succulent tomato, creamy mayo and salty, crunchy bacon . . . nope, not happening.


I did, however, expect it to have some semblance of BLT flavorocity.


Mmmm . . . not quite.  That’s not say it wasn’t a tasty chip . . . it was . . . it just didn’t live up to its BLTility.


As much as I really and truly wanted to, I couldn’t really detect any baconness . . . oh so disappointing.  Nor were there any of the other Classic BLT flavors present. 





I would go so far as to say they are kinda sorta like a mild sour cream and onion chip with a hint of tomato.  Maybe.





They were yummy but not the best potato chips ever.  I can honestly say that I did not plow through the whole bag in one sitting.  Although, it did get demolished over a period a 3 or 4 days and I wasn’t the only om nom nom nom-inator.


Would I recommend you run out and grab a bag?  Meh . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment