Friday, January 13, 2012

Know Your Meme




I take a peculiar kind of pride in knowing all kinds of obscure stuff.   Mind you . . . my hubby is the lord-god-king of little known factoids . . .


I’m kind of embarrassed that I only recently discovered what a meme is.  I mean I know what a meme is but I didn’t know it had an actually name.



If you are as clueless as I am, the term meme (meem) was first coined in 1976.  It is an idea, behavior or style that spreads from person to person within a culture.



But what I’m talking about is internet meme.  An internet meme is used to describe a concept that spreads via  . . . (drumroll) . . . the Internet.




Well, it turns out that I love memes.  The cute fuzzy ones, at least.



Although, there are some pretty bizzarro ones out there.




New knowledge acquired . . . 



No comments:

Post a Comment