The last time I saw a face like yours I threw it a banana.
Banana bread is a quickbread made of . . . !dum deed um! . . . mashed ripe bananas. Banana bread is typically more like a cake than a bread, using baking soda instead of yeast.
If you have bananas that are on the verge of being over-ripe but don’t have time to bake you can wrap them in plastic wrap and freeze them until you have time to use them – they will keep for up to six months in the freezer. You can use frozen bananas in any bread or cake recipe that calls for ripe nanners.
Extra Moist Banana Bread Recipe
What you need:
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/4 Cup Plain Yogurt, Vanilla Yogurt or Sour Cream
- 2 Large Eggs, Beaten Lightly
- 1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Unsalted Butter, Melted And Cooled
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup (5 1/4 Ounces) Sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 4 Very Ripe Bananas, Mashed Well
- 1 Cup Walnuts, Toasted And Chopped Coarse
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease & flour the bottom and sides of a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla with a wooden spoon. Lightly fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula until just combined and the batter looks thick and chunky.
4. Fold in walnuts as carefully as possible. Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
5. Bake until the loaf is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with very few crumbs, about 55-70 minutes.
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete