This time of year when apples are in abundance, the smell of fresh baked apple pie wafting from the kitchen is enough to make you drool.
What if you could have a little (or a lot) of this slice of heaven any time you wanted it? What if you could pull a jar out of the fridge and just drink it down?
Come on . . . you know you want it.
I’ve got what you crave . . . Liquid Apple Pie . . . with a kicker.
- 1 Gallon Apple Cider
- 2 - 2 Liter Bottles Of Apple Juice
- 5 - 7 Cups Sugar
- 8 -10 Cinnamon Stix
- Whole Cloves
- 1 .750 bottle Grain Alcohol
- Large stock pot
- Clean glass bottles with lids, such as empty liquor bottles.
- Pour the cider into the large stock pot (about a 3 gallon pot) with the apple juice. Start to heat the cider and the juice.
- When the juices start to boil add the sugar, one cup at a time, up to the initial 5 cups.
- Throw in cinnamon stix and spices. I would add about 10 whole cloves and a few shakes of nutmeg at first. You can always add more.
- When the liquid starts to boil, taste for sweetness. If it does not seem sweet enough add one cup at a time.
- When gotten to the desired sweetness let simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Cool to just above room temperature. Add the Grain Alcohol.
- Let cool completely. The cinnamon and other spices will settle to the bottom. Ladle off the top and use the funnel to put back into bottles. Put in fridge until ready to serve. It can be re-warmed and served hot. Do not boil or you will cook out the alcohol.
Top it with a dollop of whipped cream and you’ve got it ALL goin’ on!