Saturday, September 4, 2010

An EAR-Responsible Snack








Two corn cobs were walking downtown and the first cob noticed that they were being followed by another strange cob everywhere they went. The first cob whispered to the second cob "Don't look know but I think we are being followed by a stalker"









A friend offered up some sweet corn from their garden, and since we don't have any, I snatched those ears up!  In addition to the corn, I had a fridge bursting with fresh tomatoes and hot peppers.


I love being able to come up with new ways to use the freshness flying out of the garden.  So, I'm constantly on the lookout for easy recipes to make the ingredients I have on hand.  



I found a salsa recipe that is light and fresh.  And, since I have a problem with following directions, I added to it and made it my own.  

You can serve it as a side to grilled chicken or pork.  Or, do what I did and dished it up with some crispy tortilla chips and complimented with a frosty cold beer.  

Perfect!

Avocado-Corn Salsa

2 Small to Medium Ripe Avocados, Peeled, Seeded, And Finely Diced
2 Cups Fresh Corn
2 Medium Tomatoes, Seeded and Finely Diced
2 To 3 Tablespoons Fresh-Squeezed Lime Juice
1 Tablespoon Finely-Chopped Fresh Cilantro
½ Cup Minced Hot Green Chile Peppers
1 Bell Pepper, Seeded and Finely Diced
1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
Sliced Olives (Optional)
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
 

In a medium bowl, gently combine avocado, corn kernels, tomatoes, lime juice, cilantro, chile peppers, garlic and salt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to be served.








No comments:

Post a Comment