Comfort food n.
Food that is simply prepared and associated with a sense of home or contentment.
It makes you feel good when you’re down. It reminds you of childhood and family. It soothes and warms your soul. It makes you feel good.
Pot Roast is one of those things for me. It’s a meal that brings to mind brisk fall air, colorful leaves and home. It’s a cozy up on the couch with a warm blanket and good book kind of meal. It’s quick to prepare and doesn’t require a lot of effort. Let it cook in the crock pot all day and the smells of warmth and comfort permeate the house.
This recipe is THE best pot roast . . . EVER!
I’ve been using this recipe of years. It has never failed and is always superty duperty NOM-dilly-icious!
What you need:
- 1 Beef Roast, Any Kind
- 6 Medium Potatoes, Quartered
- 4 Medium Carrots, Cut Into 1-Inch Pieces
- 4 Medium Parsnips, Cut Into 1-Inch Pieces
- 1 (1 1/4 Ounce) Packages Brown Gravy Mix, Dry
- 1 (1 1/4 Ounce) Packages Dried Italian Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 (1 1/4 Ounce) Packages Ranch Dressing Mix, Dry
- 3/4 Cup Water
Place beef roast in crock pot. Surround the roast with the vegetables.
Mix the dried mixes together in a bowl and sprinkle over the roast.
Pour the water around the roast.
Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
That’s it! OMG so good!
Post a Comment