Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Valentine's Day special blog post . . . the best kiss ever


The best kiss ever . . . 

It was our wedding day.  The day was bright, sunny, windy.  There was a nary a path leading to the spot just up ahead where my groom and the minister were waiting for me.  

Surrounded by family members, friends, acquaintances, I walk to the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.  I take his hand and we look into each other’s eyes.  The minister does his spiel . . . all good and relevant but only the prologue to our future.  Then he says it . . . “you may kiss the bride”. 

I turn to my husband.  He wraps his fingers into my hair and draws me closer.  And then . . . the kiss.  Holy crikies!  I don’t know what made it so awesome . . . so memorable.  Was it the moment?  Was it him?  The hair tugging?   

I don’t know.  Other than my first real kiss . . . oh yeah, I remember that one; it was up there in its goodness and quite delicious.  But I can’t remember any other kiss before or since that rocked my world like that one singular moment.

Any girl should be so lucky for a smoocher like that.

Yup, you’re jealous.  



Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin

1 Pork Tenderloin, Cleaned and Trimmed
5 Slices of Bacon
1 Teaspoon Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
Olive Oil

Rub seasoning all over the pork tenderloin. Wrap pork with bacon and place in a 9x13 pan.  Take your olive oil and coat well.  Bake uncovered in a 375 to 400 oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until pork reaches about 155°. Make sure the bacon is nice and crispy. Remove and wrap in foil. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. This pork tenderloin recipe serves 2 to 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment