Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Turn the other cheek


Hubby and I live in a small condo.  Our unit is sandwiched right smack dab in the middle of a bunch of other units.

I think we’re good neighbors.  We keep to ourselves, we don’t bother anybody . . . frankly, we don’t give a flippin’ flop what any one is doing or how they live their lives.

We do, however, have a few neighbors who seem bent on annoying the bajoopies out of us and basically making our lives miserable.

And, it’s been that way since the day I moved in.  That was over 12 years ago . . . I was single and on my own for the first time in my life.  Obviously, I was very excited to have my very own place.  I had a small porch with a sliding glass door  off my bedroom.  One of the first things I bought was a wind chime to hang on that porch.  Not a big clunky gongy thing but a delicate tinkly one . . . it was, by no means, obnoxious.

The point is, my sweet little wind chime wasn’t dangling from my eaves for more than a few hours when the president of the condo association was knocking on my door telling me it had to come down because my next door neighbor had complained about the “noise”.

And so it began . . .

Because no one was going to get the best of me . . . I hung said wind chime inside my front window with a fan blowing on it so that my new neighbors could continue to enjoy the chiming experience.

Mess with me will you?  Yeah well, you just go and try it!

So, that set the tone for the years to come.

There have been many other incidents . . . too many to innumerate . . . and most of them because of the obnoxiousness of our drunkard neighbor next door who apparently has nothing better to do with his time but harass us.

So, when he gets falling down drunk and an ambulance has to come to haul his inebriated ass off to the hospital to detox we make sure to give him a little wave to send him on his way.

Turn the other cheek, I always say!  The other butt cheek!






Baked Egg Cups

12 Eggs
12 Thin Slices of Deli Ham (Round)
1/2 Cup of Your Favorite Cheese
1/2 Cup Diced Scallions
Fresh Cracked Sea Salt and Pepper

Preheat the oven to 400.  Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.  Lay a piece of ham in each hole creating a little ham cup.  Crack one egg into each hole and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Bake the eggs for about 12 minutes…until the white is firm and the yolk is still nice and runny. (15 minutes for a "well done" egg)

Carefully remove each egg from the muffin tin and top with grated cheese and scallions.  Serve hot!  Yield: 12


1 comment:

  1. That looks AMAZING! I might have to do Breakfast for Dinner tonight :)

    ReplyDelete