Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I don't, for the record, have a Tweety Bird fetish.


I’m an early bird . . . early to bed, early to rise, getting the worm and all that.  

Hubby is a night owl . . . if it was practical he would stay up all night and into the wee hours of the morning.

Even though he can’t go along with his biological clock he’s still not ready to go to sleep when I am . . . which I fully admit is toddler early but that’s when I get sleepy . . . but I still want him to come to bed with me.

Why?  Because I just so happen to love him and like to be near him.  I sleep better when he’s in bed next to me.

You might think this would cause some feathers to fly in our love nest.  But since we are pretty  much attached at the wing tips, it really doesn’t.

Why?  Because hubby is a big sweetie-bird and willingly comes to bed with me . . . just so long as it’s not too early.  There are  certain time parameters . . . if I ask too early then he asks if I know what itme it is.  Of course I know what time it is.  Sheesh.

So, even though he’s not ready to go to sleep, he plops himself in bed between me and his laptop.  So that he can continue to do whatever he’s doing and I get to snuggle.   

Yeah, I know that the laptop is taking up space on the bed but that just mean that my hunny is closer to me.  It all works out.

Funny story that sort of related . . . the other night hubby was ready to go to sleep and he rolled over to cuddle.  I was facing away from him and he spooned up against me and put his arm over me. And then, because he wanted skin to skin contact, he put his arm under my shirt to rest his hand on my tummy.  I was aware of what was going on because I woke up when he flipped over.  So there his hand is on my belly and the next thing I know he stuck his finger in my belly button. Just a quick beep . . . it was kinda cute.

 
So the next day I mentioned it to him and he had zero recollection of this.  He even went so far as to say I made it up.  But I didn’t. 

Cuddling included belly button beeping, I guess.  :)~




Espaguetis (Spaghetti a la Dominicana)

A wonderful and surprising combination of flavors. 

1 Lb of Spaghetti
1/4 Lb. of Dominican "Salami" Diced Into Small Cubes
1/4 Cup of Ground Parmesan Cheese
1 Tablespoon of Capers
1/2 Cup Pitted Green Olives, Cut into Pieces
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
1 Large Green Bell Pepper Cut Into Small Cubes
4 Plum Tomatoes Cut Into Small Cubes
2 Cups of Tomato Sauce
1 Large Onion Sliced Finely
1 Pinch of Oregano
1/2 Tablespoon of Mashed Garlic
1/2 Cup of Evaporated Milk                       
Pepper
Salt

I didn’t have Dominican "salami" so I used Chinese pork sausages.  They are slightly sweet and a little spicy plus they add color.  Very yummy!

Boil the spaghetti until slightly softer than al dente having added a teaspoon of salt to the water. Drain the water and reserve the spaghetti.

Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan over medium heat.

Cook and stir the salami (or sausage) until it browns.

Add the onions, pepper, olives, garlic and capers and cook and stir for a minute.

Add the tomatoes and oregano; simmer over low heat until the tomatoes are tender. 
Add the tomato sauce and the milk and mix well.

Simmer over low heat for a minute. Stir often.
Season with pepper and salt to taste.

Serve hot over the spaghetti and top with grated cheese.



I don't, for the record, have a Tweety Bird fetish.
Brian Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment