Monday, February 6, 2012

I can't look. Could somebody please cover my eyes?


Fellow blogger and all around groovy dude, Jay G, wrote a review on Jurassic Park that I have to say I disagree with . . .

MArooned: MArooned Five Second Movie Review

First of all, I like the movie . . . it's fun dinasaurie goodness.  Secondly, and most importantly,  if it wasn't for this scene from Jurassic Park . . .



. . .  we would never have had this scene from Toy Story . . .



THAT, my friends, is all.



Salt and Vinegar Broiled Potatoes
  
2 Large Russet Potatoes
2 Cups White Vinegar
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Kosher Salt
Pepper

Sliced potatoes lengthwise to 1/4-inch thickness.

In a small pot, combine the potato slices and vinegar. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until fork-tender, about 8 minutes. Let cool in liquid for 15 minutes. Then drain well and blot dry with paper towels.

Preheat the broiler with a rack about 6 inches below the heat source. Dump the potato slices into a bowl, sprinkle very generously with olive oil, salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Arrange the potato slices in a single layer. Broil until lightly browned on top, about 7 minutes. Then flip the slices and broil until the underside is lightly browned, about 5 minutes more. Serve warm.

Print Recipe

I can't look. Could somebody please cover my eyes? 
Rex

2 comments:

  1. Man, those salt & vinegar potatoes rocked! Make them again please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I never said it was a bad movie!

    All I said was that it looks dated. The computer technology, the smoking, etc. all place it as very dated...

    ReplyDelete