Saturday, September 3, 2011

If you want a stable friendship, get a horse

Like almost every other little girl, all I wanted was a pony.   And, I had one . . . sort of.


My aunt had a small farm with horses and she had a pony for me and my sister to ride when we visited.  She was a brown and white Shetland pony and her name was Sylvia. 


I always looked forward to our visits with breathless anticipation . . . pony, pony, pony!


I loved to brush her and pet her and ride her.  Simple pleasures . . . 


I loved that pony.  Until one day I walked up behind her while she was eating.  I guess I startled her when I patted her rear end because back legs started flailing and i got kicked in the stomach and the head.


Okay . . . please spare me the comments of "that explains a lot" . . . it was a heart wrenching moment in my life.  A little girl trampled . . . . sort of . . .  by her pony.  



My aunt must have gotten rid of Sylvia after that because I never saw her again.   So sad.



But she had other horses to ride . . . bigger horses.  Yay for me!  


Ride 'em, cowgirl!









No comments:

Post a Comment