Friday, September 23, 2011

Firewater Friday - I love you, man!!

Bromosexuality . . . the topic of bromance is sort of awkward.  Most of the men I know . . . have ever known . . . have this irrational attitude towards homosexuality.  But now there is the social shift towards the acceptance of men and their bromances . . . 


they spend excessive amounts of time with each other spurning their babes in the process . . . they do all the same things, like all the same things and share feelings for each other that would make them gay . . . you know, if they weren't straight.

A bromance , according to Mirriam-Webster Dictionary . . . yes it’s actually in the dictionary . . . is defined as a close nonsexual friendship between men.

Bromances aren’t entirely new phenomena . . . although the term is.  Historically 18th century English men were known for being demonstrative and expressive. And currently in Middle Eastern countries it’s very common for male friends to hold hands in public.

In the not to distant past it would have been considered unmanly to display physical affection like hugging and play wrestling.  I’m used to men whose range of emotion ranges from happy, drunk or cranky . . . psst, I just describe my hubby.  Now you see these public displays of affection.  I don’t know . . . I guess its okay but it’s just weird.

As far as I can tell, my hubby doesn’t have any particular BFF or bromantic tendencies.  Although, I suspect at least one of his buddies may have a man-crush on him.  It’s creepy but as long as it doesn’t start to get too weird I’ll just continue to be secretly amused.








No comments:

Post a Comment