Saturday, June 25, 2011

At least I'm going into the job with clean hands

I once worked with a guy who was an obsessive compulsive germaphobe.  For the purposes of this story I'll call him Deric.    He cleaned his desk every day and everything on his desk had to be positioned in just the right way.  Seriously, if you moved his mouse a fraction of an inch or touched his keyboard he’d know.  I don’t know how he knew but he did.  He would have to completely disinfect his desk if even thought someone had touched it.  In stark contrast was my desk . . . papers strewn everywhere, computer parts all over the place . . . maybe it’s because I actually did work, I don’t know.   Either that or I'm a slob.  Or both.   Anyhoo . . . literally, every hour on the hour I would catch a whiff of hand sanitizer wafting over the top of my cubicle.  It smelled nice and all that, but really.  Like mama used to say, I little dirt never hurt.




When I was a kid, I ate dirt and played in the toilet . . . and look at me now, I’m alright!  Okay . . . bad example . . . don’t look at me. 

The point is . . . well there isn’t really a point . . . I just think that Deric’s neat-nick-i-ness was hysterical and I loved to torture him.

I’m such a dirty girl.





So, this one's for Deric.   Peace, man!
__________________________


Homemade Hand Sanitizer

1/3 cup of aloe Vera gel
2/3 cup rubbing alcohol
8-10 drops of essential oil

Pour the mixed ingredients into the pump bottle . . . now you're ready to battle those germs with your own fragrant hand sanitizer!  :)

 



No comments:

Post a Comment