Thursday, July 29, 2010

Don't be crabby

Q: How can you tell if someone has no friends?

A: They're in the grocery store buying zucchini.


Q. Why don't you leave your windows rolled down in your car in the Summer?

A. Because you'll come back and your car will be filled with zucchini!


Personally, I don't need any friends . . . I have LOTS of zucchini.  And, many many more on they way. 

Hmmm . , , Hey!  Who wants to be my friend?  Just let me know where you park your car.  :-)~ 
In my ongoing quest to do creative things with the daily harvest of zucchini emerging from my garden, I found this interesting recipe.  Quick and easy.  Tastes like crab but there's no crab.  Old Bay seasoning and shredded zucchini do the magic

Zucchini 'Crab' Cakes

  • 2 1/2 cups grated zucchini
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 cup bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup minced onion
  • 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
1. In a large bowl, combine zucchini, egg, and butter or margarine. Stir in seasoned crumbs, minced onion, and seasoning. Mix well.
2. Shape mixture into patties. Dredge in flour.
3. In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium high heat until hot. Fry patties in oil until golden brown on both sides.
Seriously . . . these things taste just like crab cakes and they have the right texture . . . amazing.  

1 comment:

  1. Ok, these sound heavenly. And the new house has a garden in the HOA common area! I will need to look back through all your tips now!