This is my variation of the international favorite.
Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4 Bell peppers, any color
- 5 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and chopped
- Jalapeño, chopped
- Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb of lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cup of cooked rice
- Ground Pepper
- Brown the onion, garlic and jalapeño in olive oil. Cook, stirring often, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and brown then add chopped tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes start to wilt.
- Stir in cooked rice and season mixture to taste.
- Cut top off peppers 1 inch from the stem end, and remove seeds.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil inside the peppers. Arrange the cut side of the peppers up in a baking dish, then stuff peppers with filling and cover with the pepper "lid".
- Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes
Serve with buttered egg noodles or mashed potatoes. I top it with a basic roux mixed with paprika, and sour cream.
Post a Comment