Thursday, April 18, 2013

Stovetop Chicken Skillet


If you read my blog with any kind regularity then you know that I try to cook everything from scratch whenever possible.  It's my preferred method.  However, sometimes reality doesn't allow me to spend so much time making a meal.  So, yes, sometimes I cheat and take shortcuts.  Shocking, I know!

This is one of my favorite cheater recipes using stuff I keep in the pantry for just such a dinner emergency.  It basically requires very little work on my part and is yummy.


Stovetop Chicken Skillet  



1-1/2 Cups Hot Water
1/4 Cup Butter Or Margarine, Melted
1 Pkg. (6 Oz.) Stove Top Stuffing Mix For Chicken
6 Small  Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves (1-1/2 Lb.)
1 Can  (10-3/4 Oz.) Condensed Cream Of Mushroom Soup
1/3 Cup Sour Cream




Mix hot water, butter and stuffing mix.

Brown chicken in large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat 5 minutes on each side.

Mix soup and sour cream; pour over chicken. Top with stuffing; cover. Cook on low heat 10 min. or until chicken is done.

Note:  If you have an anti-mushroom crowd like I do, then substitute pretty much any cream-of-whatever soup that floats your boat - like cream of chicken.  

No comments:

Post a Comment