Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Diet Hot Fudge Banana Split


I've been trying to lose weight because, frankly, I really need to.  I've been  exercising and eating more fruits and vegetables,  I've also been severely limiting my intake bread and pasta and whatnot.  

I'm not a huge sweets eater, so cutting back on that isn't really an issue for me.  But, sometimes  I get a craving for a sugary snack that a bowl of grapes or a handful of dried dates just won't satisfy.  

A two-scoop hot fudge sundae is about 550 calories. More than half of those calories are from fat.  Mmmm, tasty. But, realistically, not good for someone trying to shed the unwanted thunder thighs, saddlebags and/or Buddha belly.

My alternative to a big bowl of ice cream with all the fixins is a banana split sans delectable dairy.  You don't get that cream, cold nomminess but it tastes good and hits the sweet spot.  And it's only 210 calories only 10 of which are fat calories.  You could knock off 30 calories by using sugar free hot fudge but I'm strongly against artificial sweeteners.

Diet Hot Fudge Banana Split

1 Small Banana (90)
1 Tbsp Chopped Walnuts (45)
1 Tbsp Hot Fudge (75)

Cut the banana in half and then split the halves.  

Drizzle with hot fudge and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.  

Enjoy. You will, I promise!



No comments:

Post a Comment