Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Good day, sir ... I said good day



You know what I can’t stand?  No, I guess you don’t so I will tell you.

Store greeters.  I don’t dislike them on a personal level.  I’m sure that they are quite lovely and pleasant people.  I just have an aversion to what they do.  You see, I don’t particularly like talking to people . . . especially strangers.  Perhaps it was my upbringing . . . stranger danger!  stranger danger!   I don’t know but . . . with the exception of my beloved hubby and my angsty teenager . . . on any given day I would be happy not to have to talk to anyone . . . at all. 

So, when I walk into a store and am practically forced to speak to someone . . . someone I don’t know . . .  it goads me somewhat.  Since . . . again because of how I was raised  . . . I can’t bring myself to be rude and ignore them.  I feel compelled . . . nay . . . obligated to respond in kind . . . and kindly.   That makes irks me.

I just want to go about my business, collect my items to purchase, pay for them and leave . . . without having to say a word to anyone.  Is that too much to ask?

What’s worse is that I can’t avoid them.  They’re right there . . . standing there . . . waiting to welcome me (or any other person who strolls through the door).    And when I leave . . . they’re right there . . . standing there . . . waiting to wish me (or any other person who is departing the store) a pleasant day.  

And that’s they’re job.  They get paid to do this.

That is all I have to say about that.

And don't even get me started on the people hanging around malls and store trying to ask people survey questions . . . 








Sausage Stuffing Casserole Recipe

1 Pound Pork Sausage
1/2 Cup Onion, Chopped
2 Stalks Celery, Chopped
2 Tablespoons Melted Butter Or Margarine
3 Cups Herb Seasoned Stuffing Mix
2 Cans (15 Ounce Size) Cream Style Corn
1 Teaspoon Parsley Flakes









Cut sausage into 1 inch pieces. 

In a skillet, cook sausage, onion and celery till vegetables are tender and meat no longer is pink. Drain off excess fat.

Stir melted butter or margarine into 1 cup of the stuffing mix; set aside to use as a topper.

In a bowl, combine the cream-style corn with sausage, onion, celery and parsley. Stir in remaining stuffing mix.

Spoon into a 2-quart casserole. Spoon the 1 cup reserved stuffing mix over top.

Bake the casserole, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for about 35 minutes or till bubbly and browned.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha, I totally agree...I hate talking to people! I even rather text people I LIKE, so I really don't want to talk to strangers. And what about those random people in the store that like to strike up a conversation? Weirds me out. However, I love sausage and this recipe sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete