Saturday, November 19, 2011

Its not stress that kills us, it is our reaction to it.



At work we’re in the middle of a huge software conversion.  This project is all consuming and mentally draining.  There is so much prep work that needs to be done prior to the go-live date it’s overwhelming.  So, needless to say I’m stressed out all the time.  I try not to bring my anxiety home . . . at least not to take it out on my family.  I hope I’m being successful.  

But, my work follows me into my dreams.  I’ve been dreaming about the project almost every night . . . and it’s exhausting.  I’m not getting any real rest because that’s all I’m thinking about.  To make matters worse, the other night I not only dreamt about my regular job, I also somehow managed to work in my part-time bartending job, as well.  Aaargghh! 

Last night I caught a break . . . I didn’t dream about work at all. 

I dreamt I was riding a bicycle.  It was too tall for me and my feet didn’t touch the ground.  I’m peddling along and I realize that the brakes on the bike don’t work.  It doesn't seem to bother me and I keep peddling along at a steady rate of speed. I’m approaching the top of a long winding downhill stretch.  Then a guy comes up along side of me and asks if he can get a lift.  I tell him okay.  But instead of hopping on the back of the bike . . . where he was going to sit, I don’t know . . . he starts running alongside the bike and pushing it to make it go faster.  I’m like, “Whoah buddy!  I don’t have any brakes!.”    He checks it out and discovered the brake cables are all loose.

That’s all I remember . . . what in the hell is that supposed to mean??

Interpretation of the dream from only dream dictionaries is as follows:

To dream that you are riding a bicycle means that you are feeling confused and unsteady.   Riding it down hill, if the rider be a woman, calls for care regarding her good name and health; misfortune hovers near.

To dream that your brakes failed suggests that your life is unorganized and you need to take more control of issues and situations.

You should achieve harmony between all aspects of your life if you want to reach your goals. If you have difficulties riding the bicycle, then it implies that you doubt your ability to achieve success without assistance.

Well, there it is.  I can actually go along with that one!



1 comment: