Thursday, October 20, 2011

There is no evidence that the tongue is connected to the brain


Speaking of tongues . . . one of the worst and most traumatic meals of my childhood was when my mom served us a beef tongue . . . there it was in front of us on a serving platter . . . a giant, nasty tongue.

Keep in mind that when my mom made a meal you ate whatever it was she made . . . no arguments . . . or you didn’t eat.  Or worse, you sat at the dinner table until you DID eat it no matter how long it took.   



I once lasted until well after midnight once when she served up a yucky dinner of liver and onions.  I eventually smothered bite size bits wretched congealed liver in cold mashed potatoes and pretty much swallowed all of the pieces whole.  Ugh.

So, you didn’t argue with mom when it came to food.  You ate it because she made it.  End of story.


Except this one time . . . she took one bite of that hideous lolling tongue and we got a reprieve.  Even she wouldn’t eat it. 

WOOT!

I don’t remember what we ate for dinner that night but it wasn’t that  . . . thing.





** No recipe for this one . . . 
          who wants to eat after seeing that??

3 comments:

  1. Yes I agree really nasty can't eat it or see any one eating it, is just nasty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mu husband love it, he was just eating it that's why I decided to came do a search of it. Is a very fatty food, and is really nasty, I can even stand see him eating this thing, I don't even know why they call it food, it makes me though up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing, in the western world what we consider gross or edible. It leads to a pretty wasteful lifestyle. I too was raised on the "eat everything on your plate" mandate, but it allowed me to be a more adventurous eater with little squeamishness. I am thankful; I also really like tongue.

    ReplyDelete