Saturday, July 23, 2011

Changing a diaper is a lot like getting a present from your grandmother -- you're not sure what you've got but you're pretty sure you're not going to like it.

The other day I stopped at the grocery store for a few items and when I stepped out of my car I nearly put my foot on a bulging, sopping discarded used diaper just lying on the ground in the parking lot . . . just waiting for me like some reeking landmine.  Really??  Could someone possibly be as lazy and/or inconsiderate as to leave a sh!tty diaper just laying there?  Unfortunately yes, sad but true.

I would like to believe that perhaps a harried mommy inadvertently dropped a stinky poop bomb while loading her groceries and dealing with a squirming child.  Alas, this isn’t the first time I’ve come across such a thing; and not just in parking lots . . . but in the woods, on the beach and . . . yes . . . even on the floor of rest rooms.   It seems that it’s too difficult to walk a few paces to discard a poopy package into a waste receptacle.  Obviously it’s easier just to drop it on the ground for the magical diaper fairy to clean up.

When my son was in diapers I came prepared for all manner of emergencies; especially, the standard supplies for changing diapers . . . including a plastic bag to seal up a dirty one just in case there wasn’t a garbage can available.  They sell diaper disposal bags but I just repurposed plastic grocery bags.
 Summer Infant Keep Me Clean Disposable Diaper Sacks, Green
I heard tell of a man who spied a woman changing her baby's diaper on the back of her car and then just toss it on the ground.  Outraged, he called out to the woman to throw the diaper in the garbage can that was just steps away.  The woman just made a nasty reply and continued her way into the store.  So, the man picked up the diaper, unfolded it, and smeared its disgusting contents all over the windshield of the woman's car.  Then he simply drove away.  Imagine the diaper tosser’s reaction when she came out of the store and saw her car. Priceless, I’m sure! 

Anyhoo  . . . the point is that there are people that willfully and inconsiderately dispose of toxic, biohazards at the drop of a hat . . . or diaper, as it were.  If you’re one of them, you know who you are.  Knock it off!  It’s disgusting!


No comments:

Post a Comment