Saturday, January 29, 2011

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.




I remember my first romantic kiss from a boy as clear as anything.    I was twelve years old and it was the summer before I headed off to 7th grade.  I was spending a couple weeks of vacation with my best friend.  There was neighbor boy of my friend, who I had a puppy-love crush on, hanging around with us one day. 
He had a damned cute tush . . . in fact, I would grab his butt every chance I got when we were in school until the day he got sick of it and told me to knock it off.  You’d think he’d have been flattered but nooooooooooo . . .  that’s irrelevant to the story, but true.   


Anyhoo. . . he said he wanted to kiss me.  I was shy . . . yes, *I* was shy . . . and I wouldn’t let him.  He kept bugging me so I told him that if he could catch me I’d let him kiss me.  I honestly thought I could outrun him . . . or did I . . . I don’t know.  Whatever the case may be, I took off running.  And this boy with the adorable buns took chase.  I don’t think I got ten yards before he caught me.  Being the bashful little thing that I was I put up a fight . . . sort of?   Fair is fair . . . he caught me and he got to kiss me.    It was more like a smooch . . . short and sweet.  After that we went into the house to play Q-Bert on Atari. 





Well, romantic may be too strong of a word but it was the first kiss I ever got from a boy.

It’s amazing the stupid crap that rattles around in my head.


_________________________

From smooching to knitting . . . there's really no rhyme or reason to how my brain works so just go with it.

I'm going to show you how to make a dish towel and matching dish cloth



                             Simple Dish Cloth


Very good for beginners


Cast on 48 sts

Knit 6 rows

Begin pattern and knit until desired length

End with row 5 in the pattern and knit 6 rows, cast off.

Pattern 
Row 1: K
Row 2: K7, P3, *K5, P3; rep. from * until last 7 sts, K7
Row 3: K3, P4, K3, *P5, K3; rep. from * until last 7 sts, P4, K3
Row 4: As row 2
Row 5: K
Row 6: K3, P3, *K5, P3; rep. from * until last 3 sts, K3
Row 7: K6, *P5, K3; rep. from * until last 3 sts, K3
Row 8: As row 6



You can use the same pattern and make another smaller dishcloth or a facecloth.  I've modified the pattern for a smaller edge.  



Cast on 36 sts

Knit 4 rows



End with row 5 in the pattern and knit 4 rows, cast off.

Pattern 
Row 1: K
Row 2: K5, P3, *K5, P3; rep. from * until last 7 sts, K5
Row 3: K2, P3, K3, *P5, K3; rep. from * until last 7 sts, P3, K2
Row 4: As row 2
Row 5: K
Row 6: K2, P2, *K5, P3; rep. from * until last 2 sts, K2
Row 7: K4, *P5, K3; rep. from * until last 3 sts, K1
Row 8: As row 6





1 comment:

  1. Wow...you knit too?

    Give this gal a look-see...
    http://www.fromchaoscomescreation.blogspot.com/

    She spins and dyes yarns for folks who want a true hand-spun look and feel.

    ReplyDelete