Saturday, June 1, 2013

Nut Brown Ale Brussels Sprouts



I've discovered that when I'm cooking with beer that it enhances the flavor of just about everything.  

I'm a big fan of tenderizing and flavorizing meat with beer.  I like veggies too, and it does remarkable things for them, as well.

These Brussels sprouts are tender and tasty.  An excellent side dish or chopped up in a salad.

For this recipe I used a bottle of my husband's homebrew, but you can use whatever beer you like best.

Nut Brown Ale Brussels Sprouts

1 Pound Fresh Brussels Sprouts 
12 Ounce Bottle Nut Brown Ale
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
Kosher Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper


Place washed and trimmed in a medium saucepan.

Pour beer over Brussels sprouts.  One bottle should be enough to cover 1 pound.

Bring beer to a boil.  Be careful, it will boil over.

Put a lid on the pan, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.

Drain.  Return to pan, stir in butter.  Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment